1. Go to the dark and formerly forbidden store, open the glass door. Then, get a bottle from the lower shelf in the center. You are more elastic now than you will ever be.
2. A campus of thousands has libraries with hidden corners, books with hidden covers. There’s a softness in a hardback.
3. Relate to someone else’s words as if no one else ever had. Over and over and over again, in hours you aren’t supposed to know.
4. This is not the time for common sense, or saying no to drives for no reason and streets with only the streetcleaners.
5. Like cigarettes, Camus is ok rarely and on weekends.
6. Poetry, even when bad, is read and written with wine in hand.
7. Go over to his house when he asks, when he doesn’t, when you know you are dragging it like a deer dead before the headlights.
8. Spend each night somewhere else, so the 8pms on your porch with the fireflies mean something.
9. Prepare to move away.
10. Prepare to wake up three years later, in bed with someone who will make you forget your heart was ever broken.